16 mei 2018

You are welcome to come in

The heart of God is an open wound of love. He aches over our distance and preoccupation. He mourns that we do not draw near to him. He grieves that we have forgotten him. He weeps over our obsession with muchness and manyness. He longs for our presence.

HE IS INVITING YOU

And he is inviting you - and me - to come home. to come home to where we belong, to come home to that for which we were created. His arms are stretched out wide to receive us. His heart is enlarged to take us in.

Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-29


COME HOME

For too long we have been in a far country: a country of noise and hurry and crowds, a country of climb and push and shove, a country of frustration and fear and intimidation. And he welcomes us home: home to serenity and peace and joy, home to friendship and fellowship and openness, home to intimacy and acceptance and affirmation. Source: Richard Foster

Come home, come home, you who are weary, come home; Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling. Calling: O sinner, come home!

GOOD BOOK 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Yes, it is too easy to let myself be distracted from my prayer and Bible study. Thank you for your wisdom.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. God is so good, and so kind, and so gracious, and so compassionate to invite us...the rebellious lost ones... to come back home! Such Grace!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen