27 mei 2022

Where Does Your Hope Come From?

There is never a time when we may not hope in God. Whatever our necessities, however great our difficulties, and though to all appearance help is impossible, yet our business is to hope in God, and it will be found that it is not in vain.*

“The nature of hope is to expect that which faith believes” (Richard Sibbes).



4 Inspiring Bible Verses about Hope
  1. Psalm 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
  2. Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
  3. Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
  4. Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Citat Jeff Christianson
When we are encompassed and surrounded by pressure-filled circumstances, our temptation is to put our hope in changing the situation. We tell ourselves, “If only x were to happen, then life would be better.” Instead of focusing on our circumstances, we need to turn our eyes to the resurrected Christ.



To whom or what do you place your hope in?
My answer? 
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' name

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness veils His lovely face
I'll rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy day
My anchor holds within the veil

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh, may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

🎧 What is hope (John Piper)
💓 Where Does Your Hope Come From?
🙋 What is a good way we can respond when we are tempted to fear?

* George Mueller, from Soul Stillness (via AvisMarvin Blowers)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. "Christ Jesus our hope"
    Greetings from Hope Cottage

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Aritha: I have been wondering about how you were doing. I cannot respond to comments left on my blog. Thank you for commenting. And you are welcome.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen