2 mrt 2018

Is my finger upon them?

The account given of the death of Mr. Robert Bruce of Kinnaird is very beautiful in its simplicity:

"That morning before the Lord called him to his rest he came to breakfast at his table. After he had eaten, as his use was, a single egg, he said to his daughter: 'I think I am yet hungry; you may bring me another egg,' and instantly fell silent; and, after having mused a little, he said, 'Hold, daughter, hold; my Master is calling me.'



ROMANS 8

With these words his sight failed him, and he called for the Bible, but finding he was not able to read, he said: 'Cast me up the eighth chapter to the Romans, verses twenty-eight to thirty-nine,' much of which he repeated, particularly:


'I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life shall be able to separate me from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus my Lord,'

He caused his finger to be put upon them, which was done. 'Now,' said he, 'is my finger upon them?' They told him it was.

WITH MY LORD

Then he said, God be with you, my children; I have breakfasted with you, and shall sup with my Lord Jesus Christ this night,' and straightway gave up the ghost without one groan or shiver."
  • Who shall separate us from the eternal love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord? 
  • Listen to: No Seperation. I am blessed to be grounded in the Word of God through Alistair Begg's daily teachings.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. This is a beautiful story, Aritha! For the Christian, there is no fear in death, for to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. God bless,
    Laurie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Aritha! This is a beautiful, wonderful post! God bless you. Thank you for sharing. I wish you the best. Kind regards from Seattle! John

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh my! What a beautiful story! Oh to be able to have breakfast with the family and supper with the Lord! One day that will happen for all of us, and I pray we will be just as ready as this dear man was. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen