7 jun 2018

Clear Shining After Rain

He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass. Who? That is, the King and King's Son, the Messiah, whose coming is compared to rain, and showers of it . (John Gill)

Give the king your judgments, O God, and your righteousness to the king's son... they shall fear you as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations. He shall come down like rain on the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. (Psalm 72)


WHEN THE SUN RISES

If you would see things clearly, go out in the morning! Just when the sun rises, everything appears at its best. But the morning light is pure and undisturbed, and it is never so pure as when showers of rain have immediately preceded the dawn. Then it seems as if the rain had cleansed the atmosphere. A shower does wonders in purifying air! (C.H. Spurgeon)

And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun rises, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain. 2 Samuel 23:4

NOTHING SO CHARMING...

Just as when a shower has been cleansing the nit of its impurity, and then the pure light of dawn reveals the landscape, there is nothing so glorious in nature; so in thy spiritual realm there is nothing so charming as the revelation of Christ to the heart after its long night of darkness and grief. (D. Davies)

Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus,
And lead me into light;
Dispel each cloud and shadow
And chase away my night;
Shine on my soul, O Jesus,
And warm me with Thy love,
Oh, help me when I need Thee,
Thy faithfulness to prove.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, this was beautiful. I totally understand...I do love to go out in the morning while the dew is fresh and the sun is filtering through the morning mists...and a new dawn arises in my heart and soul and I lift my eyes to the Lord and praise Him for another new day. This is lovely...and your photos are perfect to illustrate these verses.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love the verse from Psalm 72 and also Spurgeon's quote. A Beautiful post and photos. Amen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have truly felt that refreshing Rain!

    There shall be showers of blessing:
    This is the promise of love;
    There shall be seasons refreshing,
    Sent from the Savior above.
    Refrain:
    Showers of blessing,
    Showers of blessing we need:
    Mercy-drops round us are falling,
    But for the showers we plead.
    There shall be showers of blessing,
    Precious reviving again;
    Over the hills and the valleys,
    Sound of abundance of rain.
    There shall be showers of blessing;
    Send them upon us, O Lord;
    Grant to us now a refreshing,
    Come, and now honor Thy Word.
    There shall be showers of blessing:
    Oh, that today they might fall,
    Now as to God we’re confessing,
    Now as on Jesus we call!
    There shall be showers of blessing,
    If we but trust and obey;
    There shall be seasons refreshing,
    If we let God have His way.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful!!!! So touched my heart!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi Aritha, I love the rain, especially now as we are at the end (hopefully) of a 3 year long drought here. Every rain drop is precious. But I also love the rain because it cleanses, its fresh, and refreshing and reminds me so of the Lord and His Holy Spirit. Refreshing post.
    God bless
    Tracy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. So beautiful!! I love the scriptures you shared and inspired way you put it all together!! We also have a rainy season here and I have been seeing some of those clear skies, and bright greens washed clean, so magnificent. Blessings and Love!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen