23 mrt 2019

LITTLE BIRD UNDER MY COAT

My friend Avis shared a nice story on Facebook: 

Some years ago, as I was passing along one of our streets one afternoon, I heard a fluttering of birds over my head and, looking up, saw a little bird flying wildly about in circles, chased by a hawk! The bird flew down lower and lower, and then darted into my bosom, under my coat. I cannot quite express to you, the feeling which filled my heart at that moment! That a little bird, chased by an enemy, had come to me for refuge, trusting me in time of danger.


I laid my hand over the bird, which nestled as quietly and confidently under my coat, as a baby would in a mother's bosom. I carried the little thing along for several blocks until I thought the way was clear of danger, and then let it out. It flew away into the air again, but showed no fear of me. 

Ever since that experience, I have understood better what it is to fly into the bosom of Christ for refuge and safety in time of danger, or in time of distress. All this helps me to understand better what it means to Jesus when we, hunted and chased by enemies, or suffering from weakness or pain--fly to Him and hide ourselves in His love... with no fear, no anxiety, but with simple trust.

J.R. Miller

Avis: All this helps me to understand better what it means to Jesus when we, hunted and chased by enemies, or suffering from weakness or pain, fly to Him and hide ourselves in His love, with no fear, no anxiety, but with simple trust.

5 BIBLE VERSES ABOUT TRUSTING GOD

  1. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
  2. Psalm 62:7,8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
  3. Psalm 91:1-9 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
  4. Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
  5. Habakkuk 3:19 GOD the Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer; He makes me walk upon the heights! For the choirmaster. With stringed instruments.

If God be in our hearts, by his word dwelling richly in us, we shall be established, we shall be helped. Let us trust and not be afraid. 

11 opmerkingen:

  1. I love it! I love the verses of Scripture you placed with it, too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Reminded of "Ruth 2:12: Jehovah recompense thy work, and let thy reward be full from Jehovah the God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to take refuge".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh, I LOVE that story...that is so wonderful...and so much like our relationship with Jesus...we should fly into His bosom whenever we are afraid...and there we will find peace and safety and rest from the cares of this world. This is such a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Veilig in Jezus'armen, Veilig aan Jezus'hart. Daar in Zijn teer erbarmen, daar rust mijn ziel van smart!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Beautiful illustration. Excellent verses. Thanks so much for sharing, dear friend.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Aritha you put this story together so well with how it must be when we too run to Jesus. Wonderful insight my friend. Love your post. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. How beautiful this story is!! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Beautiful story and verses about God's protection!! May the word of God dwell in us as we seek Him and know we can safely hide in His protection!!Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day!!♡

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Zo vertroostend dat we altijd bij Jezus mogen schuilen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen