28 apr 2018

Daddy, I have opened the door...

A Methodist minister tells a story of his little girl, who, wishing to speak to him one day when he was in his study, came up the stairs, and, finding the door closed, put her small hand on the doorknob. The child's hand was too tiny to grasp the knob firmly enough to turn it.

THE HANDLE TURNED

To her delight, however, the handle turned, the door opened, and she ran into the study, exclaiming: Oh, Daddy, I have opened the door all by myself!


HE MAKES THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE

She was all unaware that her father, hearing her trying to open the door, had quietly got up from his chair and turned the handle from the inside. Thus God helps us when we do our best, and he makes the impossible possible.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

👉 If we could only see the Father running towards us to open that door to let us in! We would feel accepted in the beloved!

  • Source: Christian Herald.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. What a lovely illustration! If we seek Him, He will surely help us to find Him! God bless you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love it! I love it! I love it! I love the picture you uses, too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is such sweet example of God's love for us. Thank you for sharing this story and the message.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love this story.Yes! "He made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:6 Thank you for sharing this, Aritha.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Beautiful!!
    I love the picture too!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What a loving story of our heavenly Father, ready to open the door to let us come in at any time. So beautiful. Thank you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen