24 mrt 2018

Grieve not the Holy Spirit!

It is a very clear proof of the personality of the Holy Spirit that He can be grieved. Read Ephesians 4:30. It reveals to us the close connection between the Holy Spirit and the believer; He must take a very tender and affectionate interest in us, since He is grieved by our shortcomings and our sins.
And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed to the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)


👉 The love of the Holy Spirit, how shall I tell about it? It needs a songster to sing it, for love is only to be spoken of in words of song!

  1. Let me tell you of His early love to us. He loved us without beginning.
  2. Was it not He who guided you to Jesus?
  3. Since then, how sweetly has He proved His love. Not only in His first strivings, or after quickenings; but in the sequel, how much have we owed to His instruction.
  4. Forget not, also, how much we owe to His consolation.
  5. Remember how much He loves us, when He helps our infirmities.
  6. Another token of His love, is His indwelling in the saints.

GRIEVED

Now, suppose the Holy Spirit is grieved, what is the effect produced upon us? You know, our graces are much like the flower called the Hydrangia, when it has plenty of water it blooms. But... as soon as moisture fails, the leaves drop down at once.


And so when the Spirit goes away, faith shuts up its flowers; no perfume is exhaled. Then the fruit of our love begins to rot and drops from the tree; then the sweet buds of our hope become frostbitten, and they die. Oh, what a sad thing it is to lose the Spirit.

IT IS MERCY

It is a mercy to know that the Spirit of God never leaves His people finally; He leaves them for chastisement, but not for damnation. 
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)
Source: C. H Spurgeon 

7 opmerkingen:

  1. It boggles my mind concerning all the goodness of God toward us.... I am almost 69 years old and I can honestly say that I am amazed at the faithful, gentle Holy Spirit to me in all areas of my life. It is only my reasonable service that I serve Him! Romans 12:1-2-I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

    2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

    I know that even in my best efforts I fall short, but I am so thankful for the promptings of the blessed Holy Spirit! When I wake at night I feel Him brooding over me, calling me, loving me, helping me! All day long, I feel Him near! We certainly do serve a good God.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dat is omdat we geliefd zijn. Het is een troost voor mij.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I did that with the translator. Does it sound Dutch?

      Verwijderen
  3. This is beautiful, Ariella! Praise God for the sweet fragrance of His Spirit! May we never trample it underfoot!
    God bless,
    Laurie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you. This message is one I need to ponder!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. God is so full of mercy. The list of what if`s is really powerful. Lately I notice I `grumble` more than I should, and pray to release that in this season of resurrection, new life, and renewal and freedom.
    Blessings and Love to you Ariella!! Yes, beautiful as Laurie wrote, Praise God for the sweet fragrance of His Spirit! May we be a pleasing fragrant to Him as we draw nearer to Him in each breath!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The love of the Spirit is a very fine thought.
    How does this suit for a song? http://dcbverse.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/to-holy-spirit.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen