2 okt 2018

WAITING ON GOD


Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7)

C.H SPURGEON:

I see the green leaves of a plant most dear to all who love the woods in spring. It is seen nestling under a hedge under a shelving bank, just above a trickling stream. I ask it why it does not bloom, and it whispers to me that it will bloom by and by.

👴"But, sweet primrose, why not put forth thy lovely flower at once, and gladden us with thy beauty?"
🌼 She answers: "I am waiting for him — for my lord, the sun; when he cometh and putteth forth his strength I shall put on my beauty."

👴 "But wilt thou not need soft pearly drops of dew to glisten on thy leaves, and the violet and the harebell to keep thee company, and the birds to sing to thee?"
🌼 She replies, "He will bring them, he will bring them all."

👴 "But art thou not afraid of the frost and the dreary snowstorms?"
🌼"He will chase them all away; I shall be safe enough when he comes."

Now, we are the plant and Jesus is our sun!

My soul, wait you only on God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. (Psalm 62)
------

4 opmerkingen:

  1. What do I do when I'm waiting on God? I ask for His special grace to be yielded to His will. Because I do not have infinite wisdom and view, I ask for "sight" that may I see what He sees. I want to see beyond the earthy. I ask that I may grow and develop as He would have me through this season of waiting. Humans are so impatient. "I want it now" is so childish and God sees that! He sees the wisdom of waiting and not forcing the blooms. Each stage is beautiful to God ... the baby, the toddler, the young child, the young adult, the mature adult, the senior citizen. All are beautiful in His eyes. To force a child to be an adult before he is ready is sad indeed. But what is beautiful is When a person relies heavily on God in all stages of life.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. There is a song by Marty Goetz, "He is my Defense, I Shall Not be Moved." I think you would like it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen